2.09.2008

Thoughtlessness.

"It's been a while and things have changed. I know that reality has caught up to the both of us and that we're just trying to make it through. Most of the time I don't even have a second thought about it. But then there are the times when one tiny little thought manages to sneak its way in and the floodgates open. And I'm rendered useless because all I can do is sit there and think and wish times hadn't changed. It's nothing big. Or maybe that's what I tell myself. But to pry myself away from the thoughts of the past in my head ... now that's a different story. The memories and the questions and the hopes that are now long gone ... Sometimes a girl just wants answers. And why no one has those answers are a mystery in itself. What I'm really trying to say is that I miss you. Not specifically in the way we had before, but even mere communication and understanding, it's not the same. People tell me you never love the same way twice. I wonder if it's true. But all I can do is wonder, until life brings me elsewhere. And until then I guess I'll just continue on and pretend like it doesn't matter. But when it comes down to it, I think you really know deep down inside."