6.06.2007

Final stretch.

I went walking with my mama one day when she warned me what people say. Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down. Singing, sucking too hard on your lollipop, oh love's gonna get you down. Say love, say love, oh love's gonna get you down.

A sweat of perspiration rolls down my cheek as I tread along, counting my steps as I go. One thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three, one thousand and four, one thousand and five. My body is weary and I am faint. Dehydrated, overheated, overstressed and greatly fatigued, but I must push on towards the end. People are everywhere, yelling, screaming, shouting, cheering, but their words are indistinct. Though I feel like I can do no more, I must finish strong, I must. Mind over matter, give it all for the final stretch. The training has been done, the race has been set, and I am sent to run. With twelve years of experience behind me, I cannot go wrong - I've got to finish hard and with all I've got. This is it, this is the end of a journey I have waited my entire life for. One thousand fourty-five, one thousand forty-six, one thousand forty-seven, one thousand forty-eight, one thousand forty-nine, one thousand fifty. There's nothing to lose, nothing to lose.

All I know is you've got to give me everything, nothing less 'cause you know I'll give you all of me. I'll give you everything that I am, I'm handing over everything that I've got 'cause I wanna have a really true love, don't ever wanna have to go and give you up. Stay up 'till four in the morning and the tears are pouring and I want to make it worth the fight. What have we been doing for all this time? Baby if we're gonna do it, come on do it right.

We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds.