8.20.2007

Contemplations.

She needs to feel loved. She needs to know that someone is there for her, that she can fall into that someone's arms and cry when she's feeling down. She needs to feel a comfort and security that she can only find with that someone. She needs to feel wanted. She needs to know that her affections are being returned, that the love is requited and not ignored. She needs a constant flow or reassurement, words and actions to let her know that everything is okay, that everything is going right.

She tells him she loves him. He nods his head and closes his eyes, tilting his head back. She looks at him with confusion in her eyes and dismisses his actions, only wishing that the words "I love you too" had come out of his mouth. She lays her head on his chest and hears his heart beat steadily. The only sound is the ticking of the clock as seconds, minutes, hours pass by. Neither move, a life-like replica of a painting sitting, just sitting.

How do you know? I was always so good at reading people, have I lost it? I can hardly tell anymore, there are words but there are no meanings. And at times there are meanings and no words, or a mixture of both. There are the actions that prove the words, but again, how do I know if there is meaning behind both? On my part, words can be spoken to sound meaningful but in reality, if analyzed to a further depth, are dripping with sarcasm. Actions can be done with no sense of attachment, merely actions for the sake of acting. A rock falling off a cliff. I have took the dive and plunged head first from a cliff, a cliff bigger than I could ever imagine. Was it a mistake? Was all this a mistake? Anything unrequited does not sit well. Especially love. Not that I am one to speak, but oh, the stories that I have heard. I only hope to find a solid ground on which to stand on, a firm foundation to know the truth behind it all. I have lost it, everything I once had. And now, I can only walk blindly in the dark, feeling around for something to grasp on to, holding on to that until another is found. And step by step, that is how this will be. That is, until a light appears from the darkness to guide me and to show me where this is all going. I guess I just have to be patient. It always seems to pay off that way.

I know what you mean, and where you're coming from, believe me. It's just that it would be so much easier, and so much better. And then I'd feel like we're getting somewhere.

Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you. It's not that I want you not to say them but if you only knew how easy it would be to show me how you feel. More than words is all you have to do to make it real. Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me because I'd already know.